Saturday 28 January 2017

Change Is Good



A lot of people really hate change in their life, some people even fear it ; I mean as humans we all have routines that we carry out, we all go to the bar and 'say the usual'; we all go and buy the same style pair of jeans (sometimes feeling wild and going for a different colour). Thats because we're creatures of habit. People love the permanence of having set routines and therefore for them the idea of change is just out of the question.

I feel like I was one of those people, I always used to say, 'I want to do this.. I wish I could... I want to change this...' even though, I knew that I would never do any of those things. I used to enjoy having a routine, getting up at exactly the same time every morning for sixth form (Late); walking there; moaning all day until I could go home; watch tv all night; sleep and then do it all again the next day. It was so boring.  There were always things that I wanted to do and never got round to doing it.

Luckily, I've realised this now and ever since my last year at sixth form, instead of saying that I'm going to do stuff, I've actually been making an effort to do so. For me, I've always loved piercings and I've always talked about how I want this and that done however, I never got round to doing it (1. Because my mum wouldnt let me until I was 18 but 2. Because I was frankly quite pleased about the first excuse because I was too scared even if I were aloud). I feel like for me turning 18 actually made me realise shit, you can actually do all the things that you wanted to do before because now no one can stop you and I then realised tI'm now actually holding myself back. So, last year I went and got some piercings; I started with my septum and then my tongue and then my nose (I already had my lobe and cartilage done). This was the beginning of embracing change and actually doing what I've always wanted and I can honestly say I am so happy with them, I absolutely love my piercings and although they are a controversial point amongst friends and family or even just old judgement strangers, it's something that I dont care about because I love them and I finally did something daring and changed my look.

Another change for me quite recently as you can see from the above photos, was that I got my hair cut verrryy short (Well for me anyway). Before this month my hair has always been extremely long, I mean it was down to my bum! And although I used to love it, I actually began to loathe it as I have such thick hair, it just became a chore to handle and I felt as if I never knew what do with it because I had so much of it ha ha. I have probably been saying for the last 2 years how much I want to go a lot shorter and everyone always used to tell me to 'Never cut your hair short...You'll regret it... I wish my hair looked like that...' and for this reason I never went shorter. But this month, I decided to take a leap and just cut it all off, I mean I found it pretty scary (scarier than getting piercings even) because it was going to be such a huge change for me. However, I can honestly say that I'm in love with my short hair and it was the best decision that I've made in so long. It feels so much healthier and lighter and so much easier to manage ahhhh!

After cutting my hair, I told myself that this year is all about change and doing things that I've always wanted to do. For me, I've never really believed in new years resolutions or the whole 'new year, new me' so I'm not really calling it a resolution, in fact i'm going for the mantra that 'Change is good' and embracing it. A few things that I've been wanting to do for so long is to get a tattoo; save enough money to renew my passport so I can go travelling; get my daith pierced and to go to a festival. So far, this year I have already gotten my tattoo!! Of which, I will be doing a blog post very shortly on so I'm not going to talk about it here and also I have been selling my old clothes on Depop and have in fact saved enough money for my passport and its been less than a month into 2017. This means that I'm going to be planning a trip to Berlin or Poland very shortly and me and my uni friends are even planning a summer trip to Switzerland, which I'm so excited about! 2017 is going to be a good year, I can feel it!

Anyway, as I've clearly emphasised, change is definitely good! I feel like everyone needs some change in their life to make it more exciting and to escape from the restraints of routine because let's be honest how boring does it get when you're just going through life doing the same old things?

Sometimes we just need to go for it in life and stop holding ourselves back. Go do new things and embrace change!


The Clueless Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment