Wednesday 25 January 2017

A Weekend In Manchester



With Christmas indefinitely over and my Christmas break sadly drawing to an end, it came the time where unfortunately I had to head back to Manchester for exam weeks. Although, I couldn't wait to get back to Manchester, I was absolutely dreading have to go back for exams despite only having one, I also had numerous essays due that I hadn't even started *Queen of Procrastination over here* Ooopps!

But anyway, inevitably I had to go back and succumb to the torturous amounts of hours stuck in my flat cracking out essay material whilst attempting to revise and also having to go back to cooking for myself, something I hadn't done in over a month. Urgh, it sucks being an adult and living alone. However, before I got back to all of the dreaded student life business, my Mum drove me back to Manchester to help me unpack and then decided to stay the weekend. This was absolutely lovely as its the first time shes stayed since I've been living in Manchester which meant that we got to spend the whole weekend exploring Manchester, shopping, eating and drinking cocktails; what better way is there to spend a weekend and with what better company?

It turned out my mum had booked us in for afternoon tea at the most beautiful hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian; which was honestly the poshest place I'd ever been to, being the common gal from the midlands that no ones ever heard of (to put it in perspective how posh it was, the waiter actually put our napkins on our laps!). It was such an amazing place, we drank Prosecco cocktails, had finger sandwiches and scones and had an all round lovely time. Sadly, I forgot to take photos in there as I was too busy indulging in food and Prosecco, ha haa.

The next day, my Mum treated me again, to dinner in The Botanist as she knew that I'd been dieing to check this restaurant out for so long. I can happily say, that it is now one of, if not my favourite restaurant! The whole restaurant was designed like a greenhouse and the botanical vibe was everywhere, it was as if we were eating in a little potting shed and it was the most adorable setting ever.  The food was absolutely phenomenal, I had a chicken and chorizo pie, complete with mushy peas and mashed potato which was amazing and my Mum had fish and chips, which was served in the cutest wooden palette with a plant pot of mushy peas and a watering can with tartar sauce in.. Yes, it was served in a watering can, how cool!We spent the rest of the day shopping and then my mum had to head back home, which meant it was time for me to actually get my head down and do some work, urghhh!

 





Above, are all of the photos taken at The Botanist which I just can't get over how amazing it was. It was such a lovely weekend where I was able to have a break and just forget about uni work for a while and then set me in the right frame of mind to actually get on with revision. I'm actually thinking about writing a blog post on coping with exam stress, which will be less focused on how to revise and how to stop procrastinating but instead, will be more focused on relaxing and taking time to chill because self love is the most important thing which people tend to forget when they're overwhelmed by work.  The post should be up shortly this week so keep an eye out.


The Clueless Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment